Suicide & Crisis Prevention
Even when school is not in session, the Central Cambria School District continues to care about our student’s well-being. Therefore, we want to provide you with some resources that you can access while the district administration and counselors are not available.
- WARNING SIGNS OF BULLYING - Often times, students who are being bullied display key warning signs. Not all children who are being bullied will seek out help; therefore, one of the first steps in helping a student who is being bullied is being able to recognize the warning signs. Please visit: https://www. stopbullying.gov/at-risk/ warning-signs/index.html to read about the warning signs of bullying.
- CRISIS - If you or someone you know is in crisis and needs immediate attention, please call 911.
- MENTAL HEALTH - If you have questions or concerns regarding mental health issues, please reference the following resources:
- Cambria County Crisis Intervention: 1-877-268-9463
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- PA 211 – information referral hotline for health and human service needs, dial 211
- PA Youth Suicide Prevention Initiative - www.preventsuicidepa.org
- Youth Suicide Warning Signs - www.youthsuicidewarningsign s.org
- DRUG ABUSE - If you have questions or concerns regarding drug or alcohol issues, please call Cambria County Drug and Alcohol Program at 814-536-5388